Sunday, October 11, 2009

the truth friggin' hurts

Last week, I was told something, a truth to a lie I had been told, and it hurt, more than anything that has ever hurt me, but quite honestly I wasn't surprised, I just had to hear it. I just had to know, that the whole time what I was thinking was right. I cried, but not because I was sad, but more because I was angry but it was also a relief to know. I created this shrine of somebody in my mind, and within minutes that shrine was torn down. And it's okay. I can move on now from that perfect idea that I had. I have told lies, and been caught in them. We all lie, because the truth hurts, and it's easier to not hurt someone you care for. Its not right, lying, it's not the best solution, but it's what happens, when we don't want to be responsible for hurting someone else.

The truth hurts, but it's survivable. The reality is, we all deal with things as adults that we want control of, and the reality is, that we can't. We want to not have to deal with hurt. We want the fantasy of happiness, because it's easy. We want to not go through valleys, but always want to be walking tall, high on the mountain tops. We want to believe what is told to us, even when we know, deep down that it's not the truth. But, without the sad and hurtful moments, we wouldn't see the good, wonderful times.

No comments:

Post a Comment