Sunday, October 11, 2009

Saturday, September 12, 2009

a bump in the road

I've been through many things this last year. It's amazing what a year can bring, this is just a bump in the road and in 5 years will all of this matter These are things I've heard on more than one occasion. Especially this last year. But with all the adversity that has confronted me this year, it has not defeated me, it hasn't made me wish for a different life.

My life this last year has made me realize how lucky I am, how much I need to step back and be thankful for these life lessons. I'm thankful for my job, for my friends that I have made, and the friends that I have always had. I'm thankful for my parents, and their love, even though sometimes it can be harsh. I'm thankful, that even in the face of negative.....I inherited a good sense of humor to be able to laugh it off. I am thankful for the apartment I live in, and the fresh start I have been given, I am thankful that I am growing everyday, I am thankful for laughter, but also, a sensitive side of me, that up until recently I have kept inside. I am thankful for all of these things, and more. I have a wonderful life, and cannot wait to get past this bump in the road, because a year from now, I will be stronger for it, and in 5 years....it won't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment