letting it go
“When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.”~Catherine Ponder
You know that moment when you just feel like it's time to finally just say "I'm done." It's not a defeated, deflated, giving up "I'm done." But more of a I'm done being exhausted with this silly nonsense. When the anger isn't even there anymore, but you are used to just having it sit deep in your mind and heart, and one day you wake up or are sitting there, and you aren't even angry anymore, you have just been used to having it there this whole time you hadn't even checked yourself lately to see if you felt it anymore?
Well, that's how I've been feeling for a few months, until about 2 weeks ago, when I was gone on my trip, and I just was sitting at lunch one day and a brief thought went through my mind, and I realized I just didn't care anymore. I didn't have that negative, pissed off feeling. The anger and the snarkiness of that person, and those feelings, were gone, and had subsided, and what was left wasn't even a gaping hole, instead it was filled with a new outlook for my life. For what I wanted, want, and have in my life now, and in the future.
I don't even know when it went away, because I was so used to having it there, always, deep inside of my heart. But not anymore, and for that I am so, so thankful. I am at peace with my decisions, with my life, and what I am doing with it all.
~K
No comments:
Post a Comment