Monday, April 5, 2010

If I just keep it up for 21 days....

So, I am on day 9 of my new lifestyle change of veggies, fruit, tofu, soy, and nuts.  And quite honestly...I'm doing really well.  Not once have I given in. And, I haven't eaten bread, a sandwich, nothing like that since March 28th!!  I know I can keep it up, as long as I have lots of goodies in my cupboards, so I won't be tempted to head for fast food or candy bars.  There have been a few times that I've craved something, but I drink some water, or tea, and it passes.  Today was my hardest day.  I really wanted guacamole, but the chips that were offered were not what I wanted, so I decided to cut up some bell pepper and have bells and guac.  Defintitely not the same thing, but it was still good, and really who are we kidding?!  IT's the dip, not the chip that we like the most.

My favorite find so far has been the gardein protein products.  A lot of fun choices you can eat alone or in a dish.  Also, anything Brussells Sprouts. Yum.
I decided to take it a step further and use vegan vegan face wash, and toner  instead of the stuff at the drugstores.  I bought that the same day I came back from my trip, and I don't know if it's the food that I am not eating...or the wash, but my skin looks amazing!  SO, if I can continue to reep benefits from this I am going to continue to try to do this. 

They say it only take 21 days to break a habit, so I am almost 1/2 way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment