Monday, April 26, 2010

Work it, work it--Youch

Last week, I found myself at the gym looking out the window, thinking...."I should be out there, not in here", so to punish myself, I did 100 calf raises.  "Why hello there calves....I forgot you existed momentarily, but clearly I can see you are there...so STOP.HURTING.", they were on fire all weekend. 





And on Friday, I seriously found myself walking SIDEWAYS down the stairs!! But, being stubborn, but also trying be healthful, I didn't take any pain relief medicine once.  I usually don't take tylenol, ibuprofen, or things like that unless I can tell that I'm gonna go bat shit crazy, if I don't.  I wanted to feel my muscles, and allow my body to heal itself.


I get compliments on my runners legs all the time.   In all honesty, my legs are strong.  And they remind me of  just that, when, without training I can go run a 10k, or more.  When, after doing a football fields length of lunges, after feeling like Jell-O for the first few hours afterward, the muscles in my legs are relaxed, but strong.

So, after that day at the gym, unless I need to be inside for whatever reason, my workouts will be outside for the rest of Spring, and through the Summer, I live in too pretty of a valley and am surrounded by to many places, to be cooped up inside a stinky gym.

YAY for muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment