“High school, those are your prime suffering years. You don't get better suffering than that.”
Little Miss Sunshine 1996
I'm a little cynical right now, to say the least. The plan was in July to take a nice little trip up to my hometown for the week, and then reunite with all of my Class of 2000, on that Saturday' some I'd definitely like to not see, some I'd be ecstatic to see. But, of course, 10 years still hasn't allowed people to be grown ups or create any sort of adult reasoning. And, I'm baling out. And I'm not sorry for it, cause now I'm going on a 10 day vacation!! Horray.
In all honesty, I was really looking forward to this little get together with a class that I grew up with since Kindergarten and up until the day I graduated. I mean, a lot of people are on social networking sites, and I've managed to find, and keep in touch with a lot of my old classmates. That was one of my goals for this year, and I'm really successful at it. I mean, hey--they were a part of my life most of them since I was 4!! I think I was looking forward to this reunion since the day after we graduated.
I wasn't looking forward to seeing my ex husband with his new wife, but I would have been fine. I wasn't looking forward to seeing and being in the same room with an old friend turned major fucking bitch enemy. But, whatevs...it would have been a good time.
Oh well, guess I have 10 more years to look forward to. Vacation here I come, time off of work, better spent!!

No comments:
Post a Comment