~ Mahatma Gandhi
Before I go into to telling you how wonderfully delicious my eating has become, let me just remind you that the reason I chose to be vegan originally started to just see if I could sustain it. 2 weeks into it, I started realizing how aware of my eating I had become. I used to come home from work at 11 at night, and be ravenous, or was I? Was it just bad habits? A friend and I would head to the store for food, and indulge ourselves until we were stuffed. And I would wake up the next morning with a gigantic food hangover. So, my second week into this I realized how much more aware I am of the things I have passing my lips. But, this last weekend, I was craving something salty and delicious, so I toted myself down to Whole Foods and wandered up and down the aisles, looking at all of the things that I was reading about in my book "The Kind Diet". Before I knew it, I had nacho cheese, Sour Cream, Taco "Meat", Beans, and all kinds of yummy veggies in my basket. All of it VEGAN. I was so impressed. And then, I bought stuff to make Vegan Brown Rice Krispy Treats. When my Nachos turned out scrumptious I couldn't help but stare in awe of them, here I took a picture--
I was so impressed with it. Even my meat eating man friend was happy and full. I'm not saying this lifestyle is for everyone, although, you should try it, because it really has changed my attitude about so many things. But, it's for me. And I have no complaints about it yet. If I am hungry when I get home from work, I don't deprive myself, instead I have assortments of nuts just sitting there, waiting to be eaten. Or, I have bell peppers. And I am satisfied.
I've really learned a lot from the book I'm reading. The Kind Diet really offers up a new world to me. And I found myself starting to cry when I was reading it on Saturday. I decided to join http://www.thekindlife.com /And, while I am not gonna throw blood on you for eating that burger, I would hope that you know how your burger got into your hand in the first place. Unlike Alicia, I am for free range, home grown, 4-H kind of raising and farming, not mass quantities, and horrific slaughter houses. But you rarely find that anymore, and especially here in America.
After Day 30, I am going to start another blog, just journaling my journey of going vegan. So, I am looking forward to that, stay tuned. In the meantime, enjoy some blogging and different ideas on this website.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment