Sunday, April 11, 2010

on a day like today

It's wet and rainy out today.  The weather man was sure to tell us that all week.  And, actually I'm glad, although I was hoping for a hike up at the Robert Louis Stevenson National Park.  But, that will come another day this week I'm sure.  So, instead, I've spent the day catching up with my mom, reading some of my book, finishing my laundry so I won't have to tomorrow, and having hilarious text message conversations with my girlfriends.  But, on a day like today, I like to think to myself, what makes me smile, what makes my mood improve, what can make perk me right up when I'm feeling low.  Here are a few things I could come up with. 

*Scout.  My lil bubbers is at the top of my list cause he's the most awesome cat you'll ever meet.

*Easy Silence ya know the kind that leaves you so relaxed you can't remember why you were ever worked up in the first place.

*A good, hard laugh especially when you're laughing with someone...like my mom.

*Kisses

*A call from my bestie

*Movies--any movie makes me feel happy

*Chammy (champagne)

*Having my back tickled.  Always, since I was little.

*Practicing new make up tricks

*Stretching--I need to more often, it always makes me feel better

*A nice, clean apartment--although it's rarely messy.

*A walk in the rain.

*Writing.  Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment