Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lifestyle Change

For two weeks, I rode my bike nearly everyday in the morning, or the afternoon.  The longest ride I went on was a 21 mile ride.  I did something that would make me feel better about everything.  And just that mere change in my daily activity, proved to be positive.  So, last week during my visit in D.C., my friend Shannon has introduced a lifestyle change, that I found inspiring.  She had read The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone.  I knew that Alicia Silverstone is Vegan, but it was interesting to read why, and other great benefits of a plant based diet.  So, while I was there, I tried to follow a Vegan diet, as much as I could.

  And was able to sustain it.  So, coming home yesterday was my challenge.  I walked to the grocery store right down from where I live, and set out to find dinner and breakfast for myself.  And after reading some labels, and choosing wisely, I had each meal planned out for the next 24 hours.

I can't believe how easy it seems, and actually how tasty the food is so far.  Last night, I had Quinoa, with raw bell peppers, imitation fish, brussel sprouts, and green beans.  And to drink I had straight up tangerine juice.  I was satisfied, and pleased.

I won't lie, cause a lot of things I am used to eating seem so tasty, such as cheese, and I love Salami, but I want my body to be strong, and healthy. At least I can still drink wine!!! That part isn't out!  Horray. And I want to try to make a difference in my world.  I'm hoping I can sustain this--I know the benefits are huge.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment