Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hair

"I'm not offended by all the dumb-blonde jokes because I know that I'm not dumb.  I also know I'm not blonde." ~Dolly Parton


I have the strongest hair ever.  I have always been complimented on it by every person that has ever colored or cut it.  I have had my hair every color...except un-natural colors i.e., blue, green, pink...etc.  My hair has been strawberry blonde, to dark red, to platnium, to golden, brown, and then sometimes all of those....at the same time.

I am trying (successfully) to grow my hair long again.  I go through these phases where I want short hair, cut it and then try like hell to get it back to be long, only to want to cut it again.  I had my hair cut a little over a year ago, and gradually went shorter, until I was happy with it.  I liked how it looked on Kathryn Heigl so, I went to my girl, and said chop it.  Now, with a high school reunion coming up, and summer, I want it at a certain length. I had it half way down my back when I cut it last time.  But, I have to admit, it's never been so healthy and shiny!  It's touching my shoulders finally, it's so thick, and strong....I love it, now just a few inches and I'll be a happy girl.

I am on a strict vitamin and supplement regimen that has been suggested by my cosmetologist.  I take 1 multi-vitamin in the morning, with vitamin D also, a folic acid tablet.  Then, at night, I take a prenatal vitamin, a folic acid tablet, and another vitamin D.  Since my last hair appointment, it's already grown!  My cosmetologist said that with the Vitamin D alone, my hair will grow faster.

I can't wait for it to be long again, I've already written in my journal I keep, a note to myself to never cut my hair again!!!  It's not easier short...in fact, it takes me longer to get ready with short hair.  So, I figure if your hair grows a quarter to a half an inch every 3 weeks or so.....my hair should be right where I want it come July!! YAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment