"For some moments in life there are no words." ~David Seltzer, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
While I know that this blog is focused on my life, living single, dating, learning to live...for me and figuring things out along the way, my friends play a gigantic role in all of it. My friends are the pages in my own life story, and their journeys also include me. So when something happens to one of them, it affects me greatly. And on Tuesday morning, one of my greatest friends had to say goodbye to her baby girl. She was 5 months pregnant, and her baby was perfectly healthy. It was just not meant to be I suppose. Although even that ideal doesn't seem right to me right now.
Tiny Angels
Tiny Angels rest your wingssit with me for awhile.
How I long to hold your hand,
And see your tender smile....
Tiny Angel, look at me,
I want this image clear....
That I will forget your precious face
Is my biggest fear.
Tiny Angel can you tell me,
Why you have gone away?
You weren't here for very long....
Why is it, you couldn't stay?
Tiny Angel shook his head,
"These things I do not know....
But I do know that you love me,
And that I love you so".
Author Unknown
But what do you say? How do you comfort someone when you have no idea how to? You can't say "Well, at least they lived a long life." Like you may when someones grandparent may pass away. Is there anything you can say? When she wanted this baby, and then it was all just taken away? These are the sort of life lessons, experiences that stop me in my tracks, and I question everything, and just have no idea what to do or say. I know that she loved being able to hold her baby, and get to love her for the few hours that she was living. And I know that she is grateful for that. I was happy to hear from her the next day, although it was a really sad conversation. But, I believe my friend is strong, and will see through this. I love you Trisha and James, I truly think you are the strongest person I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment