"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are theguygirl who'll decide where to go."
- Dr. Seuss
Don't let my title deceive you. I am not a co-dependent, I don't need to be with somebody, just anybody, but what I mean by that, is that, I think when I was first single....I really found myself lost. I had never been single before! I found myself wondering what to do, thinking people who aren't single won't want to be friends with the single girl. But in the last few months, I've really found solace in my friends, both coupled, and not.
I am running again, which is taking me to the Shamrockin' Half Marathon in West Sac. with my friend Rachael from Redding, and it is also taking me to San Francisco for the Bay to Breakers 7 miler with my other friend, we're pretty sure soul mates..AND neighbor Rach...both runners, both Rachaels!! The Rachael that lives here has really opened me up to a lot of things, we are planning a trip to Vegas in April, and we both LOVE musicals, something that I have never had in a friend before...oh Rachael..you've won my heart!
Rachael number 2 and I in S.F.
I am finding things to volunteer for, I am going to start time for clearing trails at state parks for hikers in Marin, can't wait for that. I am going to start horseback riding in March, and I'm visiting my family more. I'm listening to myself more, of what I need to be peaceful, and happy.
I don't mind being single, in fact, I like it. I live for me right now, and why shouldn't I?! But as long as I'm living....then I'm perfectly fine with where I am, single, but not alone, wanting, not needing, hopeful....not hopeless.
No comments:
Post a Comment