My heater for example! Up until about 2 weeks ago, I almost wanted to murder my thermostat, it had a mind of it's own. On, wait no, off....on....on for the whole night...heat me out of my house...off...off....OFF. I started having to bang this stupid little panel right next to the pilot light, so that it would spark something, I'm sure that was fun for my upstairs neighbor, who probably thought I was going crazy. So, I finally couldn't take it and called the property manager, and voila...new thermostat, new part in the heater, now a comfy 68-72 degrees. That is until the pilot light went out, I thought "Ughhh...if I call the maintenance man, he'll be here forever!!!!! He talks so damn much", so I decided I'd do it. So, I did. I lit the lighter, turned the knob, held it there, and BAM...it lit up, and there hasn't been a problem since!! I was so happy, and proud of myself.
So, I got a new vacuum from my mom, and on Tuesday night it was waiting for me on my door step. After a celebration dance, it was in the house. I'd have to put it together. So....guess what?! I did. I thought, okay, I have all afternoon, I can do this. I got out my PINK tool box, with my pink handled screwdriver. It took me about 30 minutes. Screw here, snap there, put here, hook there....and now I have a brand new vacuum!! So very proud of myself.
Learning to take care of, and look after yourself, is really liberating. It's the small things, you know? You realize, I am okay....wait no, I am awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment