
Before this last New Years, I'd never been out for the Holiday. Always sick, or working, or married to a boring person. So, this year, being single, and not working, and healthy as a horse, I decided to make a trek up to Chico, where my family resides. So, after 3 hours in the car, cause I missed my exit...(grumble, grumble) I met (FINALLY) my friend Dilla, whom I met through a mutual friend, and we have texted, emailed, and Facebooked for a good 6 weeks, and had lunch with her. Did a little shopping, and then, had a going away beer with Sandy. Got ready at Dillas, and then hitched a ride in a cab, with weird seat belts. Got dropped off at The Bear,and we walked to Panama's and so began my night.

I love dressing up, I love seeing people dressed up, but I hate....
HATE assholes, no matter how dressed up they are, they are still assholes, only with a tie. And out in front of a sports bar that I won't name... I was denied, cause I was told I have an attitude problem, my brother is convinced the guy was on drugs. But I don't really care, there were some guys inside that came out and told him that I was cool, to let me in, So, he did....YAY. But on my way out, I told the guy, "How old are you? 22? Do you think you are a bad ass hot shot cause you are a bouncer at a sport's bar in CHICO?" All he had to say to that was "I'm not a bouncer". No shit...since you weighed 124 pounds...idiot. Onward to Crazy Horse, where I am friends with a few peeps, saw some people I knew talked for a bit, then headed over to The Bear. Home of the Slowest bartenders.....
.IN THE WORLD. Danced a little, drank some Chammy, I didn't kiss anyone at midnight, I didn't want to in Chico, although the bartender was cute, until his girlfriend showed up...that always puts a damper on things... and I called an ambulance...not for me, but for an in-expeirenced, probably a sorority "sister", college student who decided it'd be fun to crack her head open on the sidewalk out in front, and all her friends could do was give her some towels. I felt like a mom calling 9-1-1, but no one else was going to. My friend Dilla found someone to kiss. And the night ended at my brothers house, sleeping on a small ass love seat, but I can make anything look classy, even in my cute black dress with pockets.
Waking up was fine, and a scone at The Tin Roof Bakery was just what I needed. I am genetically gifted to not get hangovers....Jealous?? You should be...only 1 hangover EVER...I'm magical. I woke up to a new year, a new start, a new story, and a new problem....with my car, but that's another story....Happy New Year. I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment