Remember when you were little, and you found a toy, and you loved it, and you thought in your mind, "My prayers have been answered, this toy is meant for me, and without this toy, my life would be a little lonelier".
I remember feeling that way about my hot pink Barbie CORVETTE, which, by the way, now I think are disgusting (real corvettes) and meant only for men wearing cut off jeans, and tank tops, sporting either a mullet, or a buzz cut. Either way....gross. Anyway, when my mom got me that Barbie Corvette, my Barbies were set. They were so cool. And, one day, my little imaginative mind took the barbies in their corvette to the mud bath, that I made on the side of my parents' house; where they stayed for a week, until my mom decided that I had outgrown my Barbies, and took them to the salvation army....that is after my brother had found them, and gave them all disgusting buzz cut hair cuts...see Corvette=Buzz Cut. Yuck.
I digress, my point of this post is that I have great friends, every where really. I have friends spanning from California, all across the United States, to as far away as Germany. But, here in Napa, I have been blessed to find great friends mostly through Trisha, who I've mentioned here, and here, and also reaching out on my own, which at times can be scary and weeding out the really not so nice friends. But, I have met my match when it comes down to it. Alexis, is seriously, in all honesty the most amazing person I've met in a really long time, and without a doubt I feel really super lucky to have met her. She has all of her friends' best interest in mind, she cracks me up with her wit, and she's a runner...like me, and could talk on and on about it. She wants to name her first daughter Charlotte....and so do I...isn't that shit random?!!! Both for different reasons...but still....that's crazy. She's single, and knows what it feels like to be single and hating it, and single and loving it...which is the stage I am in right now.
I helped her move her mattress yesterday....oh....that was fun....no, it really wasn't fun at all...it was awful, and I was wearing a dress and the wind was blowing at least 100 MPH and I was shivering from head to toe. Never AGAIN AL...NEVER FREAKIN' AGAIN...GOT IT?! I sat, in my stubbornness, at one point in her parent's suburban, eating my nuts I had just purchased from Costco...thank you very much!!!! But whatever, after we got it to her house, TWO hours later....that was an adventure in itself, I was starving, so we stopped and got some pizza with veggies, no cheese, and some beer, and pulled out the mattress and had an improv tailgate party on the street, sitting on a mattress....classy? I'd say so.
Whatever it is we are doing, I have fun, and I thank my lucky stars, that I have been so blessed to find the friends I have down here, they are my back bone, when some days I would just like to give up, and go away, without the friends I've made down here, I'd be lonely, and really, who wants to be lonely?

No comments:
Post a Comment