Friday, December 25, 2009

.....this year.

This year, I let my world grow silent enough to hear my own whispering, silent enough to feel whole in the soft of my skin.  This year I took back my maiden name. This year I realized what it is that makes my life harder than it has to be, and what it is I need to do to make it easier.  This year I realized what makes my life more gifted than others. And what I would like to change. This year I made new friends in places that I'd never thought to look before, and I left some behind. This year I met a Holocaust Survivor, and asked him questions. This year, I learned how to stand up for myself both in classy, and thug style.;-)  This year, I was able to pay rent in full and have enough money left over to be able to become debt free in 2010.

This year, I bought more shoes than I ever will know where to wear them.  This year, my heart was broken, and I learned how to mend it, even if it did mean cheesy movies, boxes full of tissues, puffy eyes, Villa Corona and Barefoot wine binges with friends  This year I left my comfort zone.  This year I created my own boundaries. This year I learned how to ask for help, when before I was stubborn.  This year I felt sexy. This year I saw old friends, and visited the past. This year I went the extra mile or two...or three to see friends.  This year I rode a Trolly in San Francisco. This year I started running again.  This year I said "I love you", and meant it with my whole heart, and don't regret it.  This year I spent 4 hours on a runway in a small plane, without an explaination.  This year I said goodbye to 3 amazing children.  This year I was dumped ( I think)....This year is almost over, and I've learned and expeirenced more in 359 days than I have in over 20 years. While I am grateful for both positive and negative things this year, I must say.... 2009, we're over, never talk to me again........EVER!!!!

2010, hi...My name is Kerry, let's hang out, I have a lot to tell you, and I hope you will greet me with open arms (catching me at midnight....in a drunken stooper....okay, fine, lets start seeing each other on January 2nd, make it a little less awkward).

XOXO
~Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment