So, last night, first of just a couple of Christmas Parites. I have to say that this year, Christmas has found me well. I have enjoyed the decorations, the magazine covers, the music, the shopping......ONLINE!! The history of Christmas, (the Celtic aspect of it), even the Jewelry, and Lexus commericals with the giant ass red bow on them have made me smile.
Anyway, I went to a Christmas wine party last night, with MB32, and met some great people, I am always capable of starting and keeping a conversation with strangers, who become non strangers. And I just couldn't stop staring at their red/purple wine stained teeth. Up until this moment I never thought to take a peek at my teeth during wine drinking. So, I set my wine glass down, and enjoyed the company of others. There was the creepy drunk pervert man. This guy was walking around eating fire hot cheetos SWEATING like he had been running for miles. He spotted me in the kitchen, with sweat drenching his shirt, and he says "these Cheetos are hot, but not as hot as you", EWWWW!! How disgusting. There was the grumpy hostess' friend, the drunken lady floating from person to person making no sense "Oh GOD", I thought...."Is that me when I've been drinking", Or...am I the one doing hand stands for everyones viewing entertainment.
And then there was the creepy coming on to you, mumbling drunk who is staring at me for a good 5 minutes until I finally look at him and say "Hi", and he says "muhmmble, jumble. cigarette....mummble, grumble....side"...."Excuse me" I say, and he repeats himself "bliggity, bloggity, garette.....blig, blog, outside." I'm staring at this point, at his wine stained teeth and his crusted wine lips...and I say again "WHAT?" And, he gets closer and says "Were you the girl smoking a cigarette outside", and I don't smoke, nor was I outside, so I say "No, I don't smoke", and he says "Oh that's good....cause I thought you were the girl who was smoking a cigarette outside." It's at this point I realize that in order to have a good time at a wine tasting party, or at any drinking party for that matter you need to be as drunk or drunker than the other party goers, or else you are too busy thinking how much these nut jobs are making you want to drink yourself to sleep. Christmas Party number 2 tonight!! San Francisco, here I come....drinks, you better be waiting for me.
-Kerry

No comments:
Post a Comment