Merry Christmas. I hope this blog finds you, and yours well. Today Christmas. Today, I work. :( Today is also the first Christmas that I've woken up without family to go to. If I'm being honest, I won't say I woke up alone..... ;-) but I did wake up dreading having to go work.... ON CHRISTMAS!!! My family is 130 miles North. I am missing them today. But, I got a ton of love and Merry Christmas wishes via text messages. I love waking up to text messages full of love. And at the risk of sounding like a crazy cat lady, I got to love on my cat Scout.
I talked to my mom, and to my dad, brothers and uncle. My bestie, who I will get to see on Sunday. Christmas has never really been a big deal to me until the last couple of years, when I no longer live by ANY family member closer than 60 miles. My closest family member is in San Francisco, but she's Jewish, so, Christmas isn't a big thing on her holiday plans. I think I just really miss a lot of things about being close to home, seeing family, and laughing about the same memories, every year. It brings a lot of feelings with it, both good and bad.
I will be home for MY Christmas next week, to celebrate with my dad, and step-mom and then to have New Year's in Chico!!!
How are you celebrating Christmas?
~Kerry

No comments:
Post a Comment