Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend Getaway

"Travel, and a change of place, bring a new vigor to the mind."~Seneca

Last weekend, I took myself down to Los Angeles for a little R and R.  It's been a really crazy summer, with work, and with friends....and I really needed to get out of Napa.  I decided at the beginning of the Summer, with the request of my girlfriend down south that I would be visiting her!  I couldn't wait, however this little thing called life and bills kept getting in my way. But after all of that, I still found myself really wanting to go see her....like having to go see her.  And I'm so glad I did.  After all, what is more fun to me than:

*Spending 3 days on the beach, pretty much not caring about anything else in the world with great friends...getting to see a seal have his dinner 50 yards away from you. Hermosa Beach. Waking up to great friends, relaxing next to a friend while she has a conference call in her Jams. Catching up.  Getting to listen to Reggae live at a bar on an off chance. Eating homemade hummus (Yum Jon), going shopping for, and having a home cooked meal, and great wine with people you have so much to talk to about.  Game night, late night shinanigans.  Going to your most favorite place on the beach (Santa Monica Pier) with an amazing person, swimming in the beautiful ocean.  Going to see "Point Break Live", and getting fake blood and water (and other lovely things) sprayed on you while wearing a poncho, getting dressed up to go out in Los Angeles, to a bootie mashup.  Eating a veggie dog with my handsome host for the weekend at 2 A.M. Getting dressed up in old High School gear, and entertaining ourselves.  Having breakfast and Bloody Mary's (for the first time ever...I know...), walking the street's with hilarious guys, drinking champagne on a Sunday morning, with no intentional place to be.  Climbing huge trees. Having late night dinner dates. Calamari....yes!  Laughing until my sides hurt, and face was cramping.  Remembering what it's like to feel so incredibly happy like this again.  Laying in a park, listening to nothing.  Having inside jokes.  And then taking it all with me, for my memories.

I had an amazing trip. And have since had some things brought to my attention as to what to do next in my life.  Both by myself, and by others.

I couldn't have asked for a more amazing trip to see my friends, and rekindle my appetite for something more in my life. 


Me and Miri 8/2010

My Tan Toesies
Point Break Live!!!!
Santa Monica Pier 
Making the most out of Sunday Funday
; )




No comments:

Post a Comment