Thursday, July 1, 2010

Word Vomit

“Never waste a minute of your precious life by squandering it thinking about people you don't like”~Unknown

 

In a perfect world.  Wouldn't that be nice.  To be like, bam...I don't like that person, there it's done and done, and life goes on. And when they are mentioned again, you are like; Who? What? Yea, that would be nice.  But, it's also impossible, cause ya know...we are humans. And unless you are devoid of any emotion....that's what happens, we think, we feel, we remember, we question.  That's what we do. It's natural.  

 

To me, it seems strange, and hard to not think about things that really grind your gears, but as strange as it seems, it also seems the most healthy, and I not only like a healthy body, but...I want a healthy mind.  In all honesty and in reality...I have complete control over what I think, how I feel, what I think about, how I talk to people, what my attitude is, and how I present that attitude.  I have control over that.  And I want to be in control.  I want to let out all the bad thoughts, and the endless questions, and the anger and ill feelings, and the distrust, I want it all out of my mind like I'm spring cleaning...and I want to allow good things to come in.  Today I said to my girlfriend Alexis, I want to make a small change.  A change that, although small, is going to be hard, and uncomfortable, because it will force me to step away from some conversations...and to find different things to talk about, different things to THINK about...that's hard.  It's hard because it's a habit...and sometimes at least for me, habits can be hard to break.  I always give myself 30 days to practice something.  30 days is good, cause it's an ending point, but if I feel good about it, I can stick with it longer.  

 

My goal for this month...No More Word Vomit...about others.  I'll bitch, and moan and complain about certain things, but I want to keep my mind clear of pissed off thoughts, and words. I rejoined a gym, hoping that will help with some of it....


Here is to a perfect world...free of word vomit...


No comments:

Post a Comment