Thursday, February 4, 2010

what I should be doing

Last year, when I was visiting my friends in D.C. I was having a very deep conversation about what it is I am doing in life and career wise, and what it is I should be doing.  I always wanted to be a Para-Legal, I'm good at getting answers, and I'm good at having crap-loads of work, but Shannon ( a law student ) suggested, that no, I shouldn't be doing anything like that, but instead I should be in the Public Eye.  We were walking to Georgetown, and I'll never forget what she said, "I see you talking to people that you know, and to strangers you've just met, and I wouldn't know the difference, because the way you interact with people is amazing." And with that, she suggested I look into Event Coordinator/Party Planning.  The pay, if hired with a nice company, is twice what I'm making now. And I'm not in an office, or a building with no windows. So,  I started looking, and there are programs for that, and it's a definite possibility.

I don't feel like I belong in an office, or even where I am now.  I know that I have skills that could meet expectations, and surprise you.  So, with that, and a little push from family, and friends, and my therapist....that's the direction I'm heading. 

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment