Friday, February 26, 2010

Did I Really Just do That?

Being in a new town, even almost 3 years later can be sort of well....lets say....intimidating.  I have my moments, where I am confident in the friends I have made, the boys I have dated, the people I have chosen to surround myself with.  Then, I have days like yesterday....that emotionally kick.my.ass.  I swear it's the weather, because normally, I am happy and chipper, and bouncy, and a goofball, and full of life, and I don't give a shit if that annoys you....because that's me, so deal with it.  But yesterday....I don't even want to talk about yesterday.

So, today, I meet this girl at work, and she and I introduce ourselves, and I go on about my day.....I start thinking she and I should exchange numbers...yes...that is a fantastic idea, and then I start to get nervous, and think what if..."what if she thinks that's weird, and says no, and then our work relationship is awkward and creepy".  Eeeeek.  It was seriously like getting a number or giving your number to a dude, only I wasn't/am not attracted to her, I just want to make friends. I have always been good at making friends.  But living in a town, where you know NO ONE.....and basically starting from scratch...that's tough some days.  So, at the end of my shift, I asked her if she lives here, if she'd want to grab lunch sometime, and she seemed super excited, so we exchanged facebooks, and emails.  I made a new friend...yay!! Let's see where this may lead, I love making new friends, it's one of the best feelings in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment