On Tuesday, I heard from an old friend. He'd said that he'd be near Napa on Saturday, and wanted to know if we could meet up. Of course!! I haven't seen him in months, and I have missed him. I used to have the biggest crush on this guy, super cute, nice, charming, we always had things to talk about,.....but we were in high school, and I was in puppy love with someone else. John is his name. We had the funnest friendship in high school, and have been able to maintain it ever since.
We decided to head to the city as there isn't much to do at night, in this sleepy town. So, we headed to the city. Driving to the city is always so pretty, but last night was even nicer, the moon was full, and the sky was so clear. And I was with an old friend, which is always nice. We headed to North Beach, and strolled the streets, laughing, and site seeing at night. We headed to Vicoletto Italian Restaurant. John isn't a huge wine guy, in fact...he isn't one at all, but I got him to try a few glasses. We drank, and ate, and talked about then, and now, and everything in between.....we talked about it all. And, everything felt right with my world right then. We left and headed home after midnight,
Being un-attatched has it's benefits that sometimes I often overlook, I can see boys, old friends, make new friends, and not have to answer to anyone for it. It was a date, but with a familiar face. No pressure. With someone who knows me, and my goofiness, and I don't have to worry about being on my best behavior. Dates with old friends are the best.. I was sad to watch him go, but I'm not gonna lie, it was too early, and we'd fallen asleep watching SNL on DVR on the couch, and I was glad to climb into my bed.
Such a nice end to a crappy week, I'm glad a new week has begun

No comments:
Post a Comment