"Coolant Level Low, stop safely...IMMEDIATELY." Hmmm......My car is crazy. Sometimes, it gives me these messages, and I think to myself...silly car.
But, on my trip home to see friends, family and the bottom of a Panama's Long Island Iced Tea glass, I started thinking...I haven't had my oil changed for a bit....or any fluids checked...maybe now would be a good time. So, on the first day of the year, I got to go see my dad!! I <3 my dad, he makes me laugh, and just makes my day. So, I tell him about this message on my cars dash, and also, that I haven't had my oil changed since...Well, I won't say, but, it'd been too long. And he goes to take a gander, and sees that A) I wasn't fibbing, and B) I'm a bad car owner. I'll admit it, somethings take priority over others....but I don't do it on purpose, I just forget. So, my dad being the dad that he is reminds me "Kerry, if you are good to your car....Your car will be good to you"....aww thanks dad. My car in fact was being deprived. No, it was being abused. No transmission fluid, no coolant..."Oh so the message was real"...(dad looking at me with dad eyes), and here is the best part....NO OIL!!! My youngest brother was cracking up, and I though out loud..."that's like trying to live...with no blood." Riiigggghhhhttttt.
So, my dad fixed me up, but told me all the things I need to know...like I need to take my car in to get looked at. Moral of the story: When your hi-tech car gives you a message like "stop safely, or stop immediately"....listen to it, it's probably right. And, my dad is the best dad ever to walk this earth, and for that I am a lucky girl.
Gotta love those dads for taking care of our cars! I'm just glad you didn't break down on the way up from Napa. I would have CRIED!!
ReplyDelete