
Oh yes, a new year. Which means that I am looking back at the last 365 days and remembering, shaking my head, laughing, tearing up, closing my eyes, and being so thankful that I stand here healthy, strong, loving my job, creating my own happiness. This last year was definitely a year of lessons, but not as much as the year past, this last year was a year of love for me, discovering that I am as strong as I always thought I was. I revisited friends from 10 years ago, my first adult trip to Los Angeles. Finding my passion and going back to school for it. Asking for help. Breaking down realizing I can't do it all on my own. Learn when to fight, and when to let the other person be right. Rediscovering my love for musicals. Volunteering. Learning how to forgive, but maybe not so ready to forget. Teaching my boyfriend how to dance. Becoming a vegan. Never forgetting to ask questions. This year was a year of ridding myself of toxic relationships, learning how to stand up for myself, and learning when to just let go. I missed my family like crazy, more than I ever thought possible. And now, as I sit in my brothers home, in Chico, CA. The second time I've been back to Chico in a week, I am so excited to look forward into my new year, wondering what could possibly be around the corner next.
XOXO
Kerry



No comments:
Post a Comment