Tuesday, January 4, 2011

ringing in the new year...at home




Home. 
Is it where the heart is?  Or the family?  Or your friends?...I'm not going to lie, I really do love Napa, and I find myself realizing why, everyday.  But, in that very same emotion, I miss home.  I'm so lucky that I am able to go visit as much as I need or want...that I am able to stay at a handful of places, and that I know enough people to visit while home.  Ugh, honestly I never thought in a million years that I would say "I miss home".  But, I am home..aren't I?  Yes, but Gosh, did I feel so at home on NYE.  I'm all over the place in the emotions department lately.  It could be the weather, it could be post holiday blues, it could be that while my body was fighting cellulitis--it was unable to keep away an upper respiratory infection.  Yuck.  






 I have yet to share how I rang in the New Year.  My guy and I were trying to figure out what it would be we'd be doing for New Years, and he surprised me by saying we'd be spending it in Chico.  So glad, so lucky.  Keeping true to my new style of my blog, it really is the little things that matter and make my life amazing.  I used to get so wrapped up in labels, and money, and brands, and what was happening NEXT instead of right NOW...that I forgot what really made me happy.  And going to Chico the 2nd year in a row..made me happy.  Hiking in Upper Bidwell Park, made me happy...having a beer and nachos at a local staple...made me happy, seeing my Dilla, oh that made me happy, dancing, snow at 3 am in Chico (this rarely happens), and kissing at midnight, makes me happy.  My brother waking up at 6 am to make the house breakfast and mimosas, watching Troop Beverly Hills while my guy looks on with disgust, oh those made me happy.  This year is a year of happy for me.

While I live in Napa, and I love it, and I'm going to school, and I'm chasing my dream... my true self, my beginnings, a piece of my heart will always be in Chico until I can find a new place that holds my heart the way Chico always has.










No comments:

Post a Comment