Tuesday, January 25, 2011

is this real life?

Wanna know what I hate worse than waking up at 6 am to be at work at 7?  Waking up, getting all ready and dressed and walking out and realizing that someones car got stolen right out of our driveway.  That's what I hate.  It was a pretty frazzled, blurred, crazy hectic day.  So, basically I walked out, knowing that certain people were home, and saw that one car was GONE...just GONE.  WTF.  I stood there for a second, confused, cold...wanting to laugh or cry, or go crawl back into bed and wake up from this dream I thought I was having.  I walked in to my room and announced that their car was missing!  Their first assumption was maybe it was towed....but why?  I called work...I'd be late.  I got dropped off at work, and my adrenaline was filling my belly.  I was sick...I knew it was stolen.  But, how?  WHEN?  Is that why Scout was meowing like a crazy cat?  Was he telling us something?  I almost threw up like 4 times at work.  It was seriously disgusting. I was laying on the floor for twenty minutes just so the room would stop spinning.  I almost went home sick, but I powered through it with Ginger Ale and Honeydew Melon. 

The car wasn't TOWED...it was stolen, cause my other housemate, her car got ransacked.  Mine didn't cause I don't keep much stuff in my car.  HOW UPSETTING.  All day I kept thinking of things for him to do and who to call.  He was completely calm.  All I could think of...was "is this really happening?"  And why am I at work, I feel so helpless. But, what else could I do besides just worry.  So, after work, we drove around for a while to see if we could find it....and like an hour later, we got a call from the Police Department. 

HAPPY ENDING.  Car found.  That doesn't mean that I don't feel violated.  I feel like I was safe at my home, but not anymore.  They still have a key to the car.  Anything could happen.  While I am happy it was found...I'm still so sad that this happened.  :(  Things like this only happen in cities...right?  I guess not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment