Jack Nicklaus
Almost 2 years ago, after finding myself with a DUI to take care of, and a blow to my self esteem the size of the state of Texas, I realized I could do one of two things. Chalk it up as a life lesson, do what I needed to do, and move on, or wallow in my state of sadness and despair, and like to think that the world had it out for me. I did the latter part for 1 day. That got old real fast. Instead, I gathered up my dignity that had been splayed out all over my house, and took 2 days off of work. That’s when I decided to meet my friend Maria for a round of golf. I had played golf a few times before, in high school. With my dad and mom. And also on a date that went south. He tried kissing me with braces. Eeeek!! Anyway, back to last year. Before Tiger was getting all scandalous on us, I thought it’d be fun if we met and hit a round of balls out into the range.
It felt fucking awesome.
The old men were getting a kick out of us too, and I even told the one man, if he was going to sit there and flirt with us, the least he could do was buy us a beer. And that my friends…is what he did. We stayed at that golf course for a good 3 hours. Playing golf, soaking up the weather, enjoying staring at cute, focused men. And then afterwards, eating a plate of nachos that we felt we had well deserved.
Today, I found myself on my last leg of my vacation. Only 3 more days left! <Sadness> So, I packed it up, and headed to the golf course in Yountville. And hit a bucket of 100 balls. Only $10.00!! I got a few pointers but was mostly complimented by some of the golfers there. And with that I signed myself up for some lessons. What frustrations I am unable to get out here in my blog, I am hoping I will be able to, maybe while hitting a ball, and pretending it’s certain peoples’ faces. The guy said that is normal when you first start. Sometimes, it helps you hit a lot harder too! I can’t wait for the fresh air, the coaching, and most of all…the free eye candy I get with it all.
Those are my small baby hands—and the balls I like to hit the most!
Amazing Course
No comments:
Post a Comment