Catching up on my fellow bloggers posts, I stumbled across this: Things You Should Know by 30. And I thought, hey…why not. I just turned 28, lets see where I am at. These things are fun, they make you relax a little with writing, and people are able to relate on some level. So, here it goes.
By 30, you should know:
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself. I feel like I have had a pretty good grip on myself in most relationships. Although compromise has always played a huge part in most of my relationships.
2. How you feel about having kids. Please see here
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without ruining the friendship. Quit a job…hard, but check, break up with a man…check, although finding space in my life to be friends with exes has taken work. Confronting a friend, I’m working on that…I think finding ways to confront an overly sensitive friend without ruining a friendship would be my next step.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away. Considering my stubborn personality, this one is a hard one. Because sometimes I know when things are worth fighting for, and then, there are those times when I know I could wait around forever for the result that may or may not ever happen.
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next. There is a way to communicate this through a kiss? Lets just say I love kissing….and I think if we are kissing…well…enough said.
6. The names of: the secretary of state, your great-grandmother and the best tailor in town. Got it, got it…don’t need it.
7. How to live alone, even if you don’t like to. Thank God I did. Everyone should do this. EVERYONE. It wasn’t easy at first…but after 16 months of it, I was the happiest I have ever been.
8. How to take control of your own birthday. Yessir. Please remember my love affair with my own birthday. I’m just sayin’.
9. That you can’t change the length of your calves, the width of your hips or the nature of your parents. I understood the first two early on in life, it wasn’t until I was an adult I realized I had to adapt to the third.
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
11. What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love. Got it.
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs or not flossing for very long. Smoking, gross. Drinking…say what? Drugs—Never…and why would I start at 28…and flossing, I’m kind of OCD.
13. Who you can trust, who you can’t and why you shouldn’t take it personally. I think no matter how old you are, this one is always a hard one to grasp.
14. Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault. Been working on this one for a good year now.
15. Why they say life begins at 30.
No comments:
Post a Comment