Sunday, October 17, 2010

Measure Your Life in Love

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Six Hundred Minutes
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Journeys To Plan

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Six Hundred Minutes
How Do You Measure The Life
Of A Woman Or A Man?

~Jon Larson *Rent*

Last night I went to see “Rent”. And it. was. AMAZING. The whole time my body was taken over with goosebumps as the actors belted out each song with great emotion and care for each song.  The performers were college kids from Solano Community College.  But, if you didn’t know that, you wouldn’t know the difference.  I mean it.  The stage was professional, the lighting, the music, and the actors…were just amazing…and

--of course the story of life and love never gets old.

I’ve seen the movie, but seeing it live and reliving the story of love and hope and friendship brought a few questions to mind….

How often do we pass up love and friendships because of our fear of being hurt, or hurting another.  How often do we allow the ugly past affect our future.  Holding on to our own past, somebody else’s.  I know I have.  In my most recent history and going back to after I first was divorced.  Keeping those things afloat only hinders us from being able to give our heart and our best in the most purist of ways.  Our relationships are shaped around our life experiences and our own love for ourselves… when we have a hard time with both of these, the harder it is to give.  I speak completely of my own experiences—unsure of myself, unsure of a friend, unsure of a person I dated, unsure of a person of the past…all of it…

I recently started seeing someone again, someone I had been seeing before Summer, but we were fighting often, the past would rear it’s ugly head, the future was uncertain, and I was tired of it all.  So, I started dating other people, had fun, nothing serious, re connected with an old high school friend.  But I couldn’t shake this person, he was on my mind, in my heart, in my thoughts all the time.  And so after 12 weeks of being only friends, and nothing else… now we are something more and it’s HUGE.  I am so glad that we had that time away to see what we needed to work on, so I could get past my own hurt, and he could finally move on from his past, and his hurt and be able to say he wanted to be with me. 

There really is no better feeling than knowing you are loved. 

I Can't Control

My Destiny
I Trust My Soul

My Only Goal
Is Just - To Be

There's Only Now

There's Only Here
Give In To Love

Or Live In Fear
No Other Path
No Other Way

No Day But Today

No comments:

Post a Comment