Monday, October 11, 2010

It's That Time of the Year Again

I really can't stress how much I love, love my birthday.  I've always loved it.  My parents made a point to celebrate big for me every year.  My friends always made my birthdays special. I always got a lot of love and I always...(to the dismay of my co-workers and parents) start a countdown beginning in July.  Point is...when people shun their birthday I'm always slightly confused. This was the day you were born!!

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate ~Oprah Winfrey


People say birthdays just remind people of the way things have stayed the same, how where they thought they may be in a year...they aren't.  People really need to start loving exactly where they are...and how they got there.  Everyday we are changing and growing and I know I am no where near the girl I was a year ago. Sure, I still have my little things I'd like to change a little bit, but I know I sure have grown so much, seen so much, learned so much and definitely become a stronger woman, a better friend, more loving daughter, a generous sister, and a  more compassionate and a more desirable person all around.

My birthdays give me time to reflect on my years, to make lists to create change as I see fit...and I think that is a main reason that, as an adult I have grown to appreciate my birthdays even more!   This year, I wanted to spend my birthday weekend with the ones I hold closest to me, that aren't my family, but they are the family that I've created here, in the town I have made my home for now, and the last 4 years.

Starting with Fleet Week in San Francisco, brunch on Sunday and a movie, and dinner with my closest girlfriends. Here is to another amazing year.

Enjoy!! 
 My dad sent me this picture of my Grandma at Fleet Week about 25 years ago. 


Sailors.Everywhere.

 Blue Angels...so NEAT to see them in person!!






 End of the show!


From my favorite

 Love her.



Can you guess what my wish was?
                                 




The only blonde of the group, and I like it that way. ;)

Forever Friends



No comments:

Post a Comment