“I don't like myself, I'm crazy about myself”
Mae West
I snort and gasp when I laugh.
And once upon a time, I was so mean to myself. I wanted to have a small chin. I wanted lanky, skinny arms, a small turned up nose and huge cartoon, Disney princess eyes that didn't look so droopy.
I
I love my strong jaw and a chin that has a talent no one else I have met has, (even though they try, every time) I love my strong arms and strong legs that I am proud to show off, I LOVE my nose, especially first thing in the morning, that sounds weird...but it's true and my soft eyes that are accentuated with long, LONG lashes that I get compliments on all the time.
I love my commitment to a laugh.
I love that my legs are strong and have endured marathons, sports, endless jobs on my feet, and walking countless flights of stairs at work. I love my strong arms.
I had to find a way to love "me". For me. I like the things that make me different now. It's what makes me unique. And it's what makes you unique too.
So stop picking. Embrace you. Wonderful, weird, quirky, different, strange, big, small, YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment