~ Henry David Thoreau
I have to say it's been a nice 2 months of this. Feeling so happy and sure of what I want in my life. I just got back from a weekend in Los Angeles/ Southern California. What a great time I had. I got to explore the city on my own on Saturday. I found...(BY ACCIDENT) the road that takes you to the trail to the HOLLYWOOD sign. I was so excited I started texting all of my friends. I hiked the trail that takes you directly behind it. And...I stood there for a while just looking out over all of the city. I walked back, and must have looked like I knew what I was talking about because a few people were asking me directions to the right trail. I headed down, back into my car and back into town. I drove down Sunset Blvd, and into Beverly Hills. I did this with such ease that you'd think, I knew exactly where I was going. And then, at the end of my day, I went to the Beginning of Hollywood, where I found The Hollywood walk of Fame, a place I'd been before but this time I found names that meant something to me. We had great food, went to a Tiki Bar, danced.
And on Sunday we found ourselves at the Getty Museum, the architecture was amazing, the garden was beautiful, and playing soccer on the lawn and playing was a great way to spend a day out in Los Angeles. The art inside that was on display was beautiful. A game I like playing with myself...is find where the artist signed his/her name. I love it! Oh...of course my highlight was the company I was in...but an exciting side note....out at our Thai dinner...we saw Jessica Alba...WHAT?! NO WAY! Yea...I was excited. But I was calm and collected. Like no big deal. I feel so at home in Los Angeles. It's where I belong...or there abouts. On my drive home, I really thought so hard about if I'm making a hasty decision...or a smart one. And really, what do I have to lose?! Nothing. You only live once, and I can't keep sitting around and thinking What IF....two words that have no threat by themselves...but when you put them together...have an unexplained trigger that gets your mind reeling! I have an appointment with a College Advisor in San Francisco this week to discuss the plans I'm making for an actual tour of the campus I want to attend IN LA. I'm making a big move next month...and I am not looking back. I can't wait to see where my life takes me next.
When I first saw the sign!!
Behind the sign!
Found it!
Le Brea and Hollywood Blvd
So HAPPY
The Garden @ the Getty
No comments:
Post a Comment