Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Settled

The only source of knowledge is experience.
Albert Einstein 

 
Here are a few things I know for sure from the last 8 months of living with a roommate.  First, I know myself well, and I knew from a very early age, that living with another female would drive me banana crackers, and well, it did.  I wanted to stuff ear plugs in my ears every time I came home, in the last 3 months, I'd become a hermit.  Staying away, as long as possible, and trying my best to avoid any and all conversation.  Although, I have to admit, having her screaming at her child was a highlight, of each and every night.  Living with my roommate, I do believe gave me an eye opening realization that, infact...women...are fucking crazy...well, living with one is anyway.  I was raised around brothers, my best girlfriends wanted to move in after high school, and I was against it completely.  I do believe that had I moved in with said friends....we'd no longer be friends.  I like my house clean, my dishes washed, my privacy, my alone time, my sometimes, if I'm in a mood, a long ass shower, and I don't want to ahve to explain myself, my I like to do my laundry every night...so sue me, I've always been this OCD about it...my, ahem...well you know.  ;-)  

Anyway, I learned that.  I also learned, that with a little help from an outsider, a little emailing, a little sweet talk, that maybe, just maybe there can be normalcy in my life once and for all.  I never shared with you that back in March, I had had it up to here...(insert me with my arm stretched a good foot above my head), with my boyfriends ex.  It's definitely a long story, and one that maybe one day I'll share.  I have had mixed feelings about it, ones that some days I wish I could have said, in all honesty what I REALLY wanted to say, but then again, I think maybe I did, but in a civilized manner.  You know how later, you think...Oh man, I should have said this...and not this.  DARN. It was a weird feeling, like letting go of so much anger that I'd held on for so long, what do I replace that shit with?!  I'll admit, that I even, maybe cried, thinking, all this hate I've wiped it clean, so what do I replace it with now?  

And that brings me to number 3 of lessons..it brings me to the fact that I'm going to school now, for Mortuary Science...You:  WTF...did she just say?!  Me: YEP.  I've always wanted to do it.  Death, in reality doesn't bother me.  It never has.  And when I tell people that, some people don't blink an eye, it is what it is...we all die, let's face it, no one wins or loses this battle of the one thing we can all count on, and  well the majority of people, they look at me like I'm crazy. And, well, maybe I am. But I know what I want.  And, that brings me to number four.  While I hated having a roommate, I also learned a lot about myself in 8 months.  I made peace with a practical stranger, and used the energy for that and turned it into something good for me...and my future, and It brought me right here, to my our upstairs apartment, that I'm currently residing in with my seriously amazing boyfriend.  Our move was a long 8 hour day with a U-Haul, and furniture, and me downsizing my clothes...well sort of, and us living in peace, with our crazy cat, and our crazy schedules.  I love him.  I love where my life has taken me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment