Wednesday, March 2, 2011

pictures of home


You leave home, you move on and you do the best you can.
I got lost in this whole world and forgot who I am.

I thought if I could touch this place or feel it
this brokenness inside me might start healing.
Out here its like I'm someone else,
I thought that maybe I could find myself.
If I could walk around I swear I'll leave.
Won't take nothing but a memory
from the house that built me.

Miranda Lambert 


Sometimes I think we forget the smallest things that bring us joy.  A simple smile from a stranger, a really great cup of coffee, a song being sung live, a memory that we are taken back to by a simple glance.  Things that sometimes we forget to appreciate....so this last visit home, I went a little snap happy. First it was sunny...then it was hailing...I went to the Farmer's Market, I walked the streets of downtown...my brother made me some really great coffee....the little things we tend to overlook...I looked at through the lens of a camera.  The things that brought a smile to my face, I chose to remember by a camera shot.  Now, if and when I miss home...until the next time I can go back, and look at these.  I'm so glad.

 Hailmegeddon
 Cup of love from Urban Spoon Cafe

 Farmer's Market amazing veggies


 Everyone loves flowers

 WHO doesn't love a blood orange....

 or the Hokey Pokey all on a Saturday morning
 It's Mr. Pickle
Bidwell Park memories

Oh Chico.

Have a seat


A little piece of Chico history at Shubert's

No comments:

Post a Comment