Sunday, November 29, 2009

BFF



"True Friendship mulitiplies the good in life and divides it's evils.

Strive to have friends, for life with out friends is like life on a
deserted island....to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune;
to keep her is a blessing."



Okay, so I was reading, and read this qoute and thought..I need to blog about my best friend in the world. Sandra D, is my best friend; she knows this but I have to tell you, and I forget to tell her enough.

SOoooo here goes. Nine years ago, Sandy and I lost touch about 6 months after highschool graduation. She moved to Georgia, newly married, and so far away, I thought I didn't need her...it was stupid..For many reasons, mostly my jealousy and stubborness, but we lost touch. I let certain people intrude and pry me and Sandy apart. It wasn't until her reintrduction into my life that I realized how badly I missed her, and how true of a friend I had.


When I found out Sandy was back in town I couldn't wait to catch up with her, but what would I say, and I thought for sure it would take weeks, even months to catch up, and to find that friendship that we once had. How I regreted missing so much, missing her becoming a wife, I regreted never visiting her in Georgia, I regreted never meeting her husband in the beginning, I missed so much...I was so unsure of how we'd "rekindle" that childhood friendship we once had.



But, instead I found something better. I found an adult friend, a woman, a confidant, a sister. I found my best friend. We caught up quick, we caught up on life, husbands..or boyfriends (Brandon), we caught up on family, and happy times, and sad. We caught up on drama of a small town and happiness of friends. We learned so much about eachother,and created a strong bond I never want to lose again. NEVER. When Sandy found out she was pregnant the first time I cried for her happiness, amazed at how "grown up" we had become, and mourned when she lost it. But Sandy became pregnant again with Brianna, the cutest little girl I
have ever met.  And then again with Tyler, and then with Jeremy. Sandy was made to be a mother and it's
evident when you see her with her family.


We have shared happy times together, and sad times. I was there when her daughter was born, and she was in my wedding. I have felt her whole families sadness when they lose a family member as though they are
a part of mine. She was there for me when my brother walked away from rehab. When I got divorced she wasn't afraid to voice her opinion of it, and I should have listened, that's what friends do, they tell you what they think, it's not always sugar coated. And, I was stubborn, and became distant, but now we are closer than ever, sharing in this years crazy ups and downs. She listens to me through good times, through horrible times, through emotional times and friggin moody times. I only hope I am just as good a listener as she is.



So, when I read this I thought how true it is, that when you find a true friend, the bad is out weighed by good times, the happy times. And how true it is that without a true friend you feel alone...I feel so lucky to have found Sandy again. To have a sister within a friend.

Although Sandy lives 600 miles away in Washington, I don't feel alone. I know that when I talk to her again
whether it be a week later, a day or a month no time has passed in our friendship, and we can always
count on eachother. Not until I "grew up", and had many life lessons did I realize to have one TRUE friend
surely out weighs having a million aqcauintences.
And to have Sandy truly is a blessing.
-Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment