 |
| His fortune he got at lunch |
|
|
|
|
 |
| A lemon bar....only missing vodka. |
I'm going to do this in three parts. I think. Anyway, originally the plan was to just road trip it...so basically no plan. And then, I started to talk to people at work who were like (in my best shrewd voice) "Go to Disneyland..."..no effing way, unless I was drunk, and anyway, a couple at Disneyland without kids?! creepy. "Go to the Oregon coast", been there...plus the weather we were having 3 weeks ago was definitely a reason NOT to go to Oregon. "Go to San Diego"...that was an idea. I'd only been to SD driving through, going to Mexico.....so I started searching, and the more I searched, the original plan was what sounded best, to both of us. So, Monday night, I packed...for cold, for sun..for beach.
 |
| on our way to the Interstate |
 |
| intagram addiciton...destination L.A. |
|
|
|
|
| And Tuesday we were off. On our way out to I-5 though, we were so totally excited to order our couch for our apartment!! I couldn't even stand it. Off we went. I took pictures, we chatted, listened to "This American Life"... I slept...pretty much a given in the car. We stopped at rest stops, got popsicles, stopped at a Farmer's Market and Petting zoo. I drove us the last few hou into LA. I love driving in L.A. I fair much better there, than I do even in Sacramento, and just about as well in the bay area. I got lost once, and got us to Manhattan Beach in 8 hours. |  |
|
 |
| Murray's Farmer's Market and petting zoo on I-5 |
 |
| cute lil guy |
 |
| tiny horses |
 |
| feeding them, we had them all to ourselves |
 |
| greedy gal |
 |
| a Lamb for Sam...and a goat. I love farm animals |
 |
| such a ladies man |
 |
| :-) |
We didn't have a reservation anywhere, we just were hopeful that there would be something, and there was, and it was cheap, and wonderful, and close to a bar, where at that moment I opted out of spending a lot of money on food, and more on booze...
it's funny the things you'll talk about when you've been in a car for 7 hours with each other, the things you start to realize about yourself...even in 7 hours. It's also just as great to see the way you make someone laugh, or even a side of someone you hadn't seen for a while.
 |
| the night before the big eclipse, the moon was so BIG coming over the grapevine. |
I was so happy this first night of vacationing away from work, away from my laptop, away from my phone even...I only pulled it out to take pictures and to text my girlfriend who was two towns away from us. Only focused on us, on me...yea I said it...me. Vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment